OUR SUSTAINABLE COMPANY
Doing the right thing by our customers, staff, suppliers and the environment is super important to us.
To start with, we make and ship locally. Our Corten®️ Steel has over 70% recycled content, and all scrap steel from our manufacturing process is recycled. On top of that, our packaging is made from recycled cardboard with biodegradable inks, designed to be recycled again and again.
Our company goal is to be B Corp certified by 2022. B Corp Certification doesn’t just evaluate a product or service; it assesses the overall positive impact of the company that stands behind it. And we know that’s what you care about most.
We’re also proud to help sustain our bird-supporting communities all over the world.
- We help New Zealand's Forest & Bird do their urgent protection work.
- We support the conservation work of Ducks Unlimited Canada.
- We helped Birdlife Australia in the wake of the devastating bushfires.
- We drew attention to threatened Godwit breeding grounds with a giant Metalbird in The Netherlands.
- We’ve joined the fight to save Samoa’s national bird, the Manumea.
- We’re contributing to the American Bird Conservancy’s fearless fight to save wild birds across the Americas.
And we’re just getting started…
MADE WITH LOVE
BY THE BEST
We don’t cut corners on getting the best people who care most to make and finish the birds exactly the way we want them.
WITH CORTEN STEEL
Over the years we’ve tried everything in our quest to find the perfect Metalbird material and Corten® Steel is it. It’s used in high-end architecture for good reason.
TO AGE WELL
Exposed to the elements, within weeks Corten® Steel develops a patina that seals the steel and preserves it for decades. It just gets better and better.